London transport is great, I'll give it that. But sometimes it's just plain stupid. Take, for example, this scenario that happened to me just the other night. After a long day on my feet at work, I decided to take the bus home, as opposed to the tube, just to save a few pence. Well, first of all the bus took bloody forever to come. When it finally came, midway through the journey I hear the lady voice on the speaker say, "This bus has changed destinations. It now terminates at Moorgate." WTF. I needed to get all the way to London Bridge, how the fuck does a bus just decide NOT to complete its journey when people have already paid to get on the overpriced thing! So, I had to get off and take the tube anyway. Oy vey.
On another note,
I love going for walks. It's during the quieter walks that it really clicks in that I am living in London. The streets smell like gas, I don't know if that's because the cars emit more, or if its just that I'm always so close to vehicles, as opposed to LA where nobody walks. There's just a distinctive gassy smell to London, I can't explain.
My walk to class is great. I walk across the river, then I pass a landscape that includes the London Eye and the Big Ben just beyond the Thames. I love this city.
I still don't feel completely settled in, though.
xx
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Some simple observations
Posted by A Mad Soft Laughter at 5:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment