I just came across some really old videos of me performing at UCLA's open mic night 3 years ago with ms. Lauren Slusser...I was just barely 18 when this was filmed. I mean the first video is like one of the FIRST songs I wrote! ah! My anti-bush song "Wire Tap." Back when I was a bit more political and listened to a lot of Nirvana, which I can hear a bit in my sound.
Second song is "Because I Can," (comes in a bit later in the second video) which is also one of the first songs I wrote...probably my 3rd song I ever wrote. Still play that one live :) it's my baby. I wrote that song in a tent when I was camping. I didn't really listen to Bob Dylan at the time, but for some reason he was in my head when I wrote it. I didn't even know what the lyrics were or what the song was that was in my head, I just remembered the general feeling, and it was long and each verse started with "I met...". Now I know the song is "A Hard Rain's a'Gonna Fall." It's come full circle though, seeing as Dylan is now one of my biggest influences.
And here's a recent video of me performing "Daddy, Take Me Home" a song which was written around the same time as the two songs above. This was at Sound Bounty @ Tommy Flynn's last week. I was probably about 16 or 17 when I wrote the song (again, I can hear the Nirvana influence in the loud/soft and the loud guitar-chord choruses haha, i don't know about you!)
Life is funny!
Veronica
x
Monday, December 14, 2009
Just found some old videos!
Posted by A Mad Soft Laughter at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment